Strong protection, easy peeling with CONSTAB® CONPEEL® Compounds
CONSTAB offers a range of peel compounds suitable for producing easy-opening PP-Films for food, medical and pharmaceutical packaging.
- The peelable sealing layer is conventionally 8 – 10 µm thick.
- Due to the pressure of the sealing bar the thickness of the peelable sealing layer is reduced to 2 to 3 µm thickness.
- Uneven sealing rims can result in unsealed areas. To overcome this higher sealing pressure is often
necessary. This can result in partially permanent/non-peelable seams.
- The option of using thicker peelable sealing layers typically leads to the formation of angel hair during opening.
- CONPEEL® allows thicker peelable sealing layers of up to 20 µm without the formation of angel
hair and providing a constant peel force.
- Can be used with CONSTAB AF 00262 PPR antifog masterbatch
Defined peel force
The CONPEEL® range offers stable peel forces of between 4 and 15N/15mm depending on your application.
CONPEEL® compounds show outstanding resistance to hot steam sterilization and can therefore be used for food, medical and pharmaceutical packaging.
CONPEEL® compounds can be processed on cast and blown film equipment. Films can be sealed on PP-Trays and PP-Films by conventional heat sealing or ultrasonic sealing technology.
CONPEEL® compounds are designed to provide cohesive peelable seals. CONPEEL is a real ‘seal- and peel‘ solution and gives good hot-tack performance and hermetically proof seals.